Monday, June 05, 2006

monday morning update


Monday June 5, 06
For couple of days I gathered some information related to the Yogyakarta earthquake relief effort. Beside that, some people asking me about this blog and how they can help, and is there any tax receipt for sending the donation for tax return purpose? And I just sy it now that the purpose of this blog and fund raising effort are all in personal purpose and there will be no tax receipt or in such like that. Some people also asking about the security of my bank information, and I said it is okay, and I just belive that we will do all our best just for the good cause. At the moment I still develop some ideas about fundraising and all the distribution mechanism of the aid. I will put it in the next update.

Rina’s organization
Finally, I had a chance to talk to Rina the other day. She is okay and I’ve got some information about her organization work related to help the earthquake victims. Her organization office is totally damage and they must move to one of the staff house to run the office. Her organization called SHEEPIndonesia, you can find her organization website at http://www.sheepindonesia.org/eng/?Login=f13a7501fa8dd9f17f4ee7c15c858a43
Related with the earthquake report, and update. Rina send me an a file that I can not put in this blog yet, but I will send you separately through email attachment.

Ibu Wil birthday party –fund raising
It is brilliant idea that Ibu Wil will organize a fundraising in her birthday party this coming weekend. Here is the invitation from her:
Hello all,
My birthday is coming up and I've decided that I will have a get-together with family and friends by having a potluck at my house, on Saturday June 10 at 5 .30 pm and you are invited.
Also, many of you have probably been following the news about the earthquake in Yogyakarta (indonesia)last week as several among us were volunteers for Canadian Crossroads in that very city and we still have many friends and family there.
I've been in touch with Rina and with Prapti and their families are well, although their houses have some damage. Rina's NGO office was flattened.
Prapti was telling us how they admit and treat thousands more patients in the hospital than usual.
Rina is running an NGO, called SHEEP, Dimas and her have been dong a lot of relief work in Aceh, Papua and other locations also but now they work in their own community. They run mobile medical units and do a lot of logistical work
Sigit has been very active collecting information and he has coordinated it in his website:
http://yogya-peduli.blogspot.com/ Here you can read everything about it. He is also coordinating fundraising to help some of the victims by opening a bankaccount for that purpose at VanCity Credit union.
In stead of a birthday present I would invite you to bring a donation for earthquake relief in Yogyakarta. Sigit will also be at the potluck and probably have more recent information and pictures.
In the mean time I hope the weather will permit us to enjoy an outdoor potluck on Saturday and if not , there is lots of indoor space.
I'm enjoying the long days of summer in the garden and the apiary. Tomorrow is an important day : I will be extracting the first honey of the season, called 'Springtime Honey'.
hope to see you all on Saturday,
Love
Wil


Fundraising story from friend in California
Friend of mine who live in San Fransisco, he has a fundraising effort as well. He organize some friends and family there to help and also he will have a fundraising event, such as music, etc. He has a hotel in south of Yogyakarta area that has been destroyed as well from the quake. His hotel employee (around 100 people) mostly lost some of their family member and more than that they lost their homes.

Some link
Some of you might be interested in getting more information about the “statistical” and visual information about the earthquake relief effort. Here they are:
http://jogja.mediacenter.or.id/
http://www.gudeg.net/index_photo_gempa.php
http://helpjogja.net/data_desa/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home