Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wednesday update

Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Seems like people –mostly in Bantul area- are living in the tent still after a month of the devastation. Government said that the rebuilding of houses will start on July second (source: www.detik.com). There is other information that might be interesting and it was written by the volunteer in the organization that giving service of information about earthquake relied in Yogyakarta. Find the full article at http://jogja.mediacenter.or.id/?dir=data&file=detail&id=321

Sheepindonesia received the wire of funds
I’ve talked to Yulia Rina Wijaya, head of secretary at the sheepindonesia office yesterday. It was really nice conversation and they have move from the ‘emergency office’ now. They still run a relief effort programs. They received our transfer of funds. I am attaching the information through mailing list and other post in this blog.

Please let me know and Thanks a lot.
I’ve got the transfer money for the fundraising, but I do not know who did transfer it. Please let me know who transfer to my vancity account (I just knew it from Branch 1). For the future reference, please send me an e-mail of notification when you’re transferring funds.
Thanks to Shawna Baldwin too for her transfer through my TD account. I will send to Indonesia along with other donation that comes. Thanks as well to Ellen – Ibu Wil’s daughter- to send the cheque . And thanks to Ibu Wil to re-wrote the cheque to me.
Seems like I won’t send the money this Friday, since to many yet ( In total is $295). I still wait for some other donation. I gave a little proposal to one of Indonesian antique store in Vancouver when there was a car free day festival the other day. So, I hope that we will get more donations.

Bethesda hospital emnployee
I ‘ve got an email from Prapti’s sister and she told me that in Bethesda Hospital itself the are around 300 employees that their house are in bad damage from the quake. So, I am thinking that for the third round we might consider send the donation to Bethesda hospital, and it will help even though not much, but we try right?

Some photos from home and CUSO
It was sad when I received photos of their hose from my brother in law. Their house is still stands but there are a lot of damage and need reconstructions. Thanks to the Creator that they are fine. Even their smile are there still…
I will be home soon as well. It will be fine and it will be nice to see them again and helping others. I have plan to go with CUSO earlier, a month earlier from my placement plan. I will be in Jakarta and Yogyakarta before going to Flores -my placement with CUSO- in the beginning of September.
Speaking about CUSO, some friend and CUSO did a great job in Fundraising in Toronto area last weekend. Great job Deborah, and Jaya and friends..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home